Adley Rutschman


Breakdown
Performance






















































NewsPowered by

Powered by
August 10, 2026
Expected to be active Tuesday
Red Sox interim manager Chad Tracy said Monday that Rutschman (wrist) is expected to be activated off the 10-day injured list ahead of Tuesday's game against the Blue Jays, Chris Cotillo of MassLive.com reports.
Analysis
Rutschman has travelled with the Red Sox to Toronto to undergo multiple workouts, but it looks like the 28-year-old catcher is on track to make his debut with Boston at the Rogers Centre. His return means less reps behind home plate will be available for both Connor Wong and Jake Rogers, though Rutschman could be deployed as the designated hitter for the first few games back from the IL upon his reinstatement.
August 9, 2026
Traveling with team
Rutschman (wrist) will travel with the Red Sox to Toronto and will go through a series of workouts to gauge the progress of his rehab assignment, Mac Cerullo of the Boston Herald reports.
Analysis
Rutschman reported to Triple-A Worcester on Saturday and went 1-for-5 with two walks, a double, two RBI and two runs in his two rehab games with the Woo Sox. He caught just five frames Saturday and served as the designated hitter Sunday, and it remains to be seen if the Red Sox will reinstate him without Rutschman having caught a full game. He won't be activated from the injured list Monday but could make his debut for Boston later in the week if his workouts go well.
August 9, 2026
Kicks off rehab assignment
Rutschman (wrist) went 1-for-2 with two walks, two RBI and two runs scored for Triple-A Worcester on Saturday.
Analysis
He caught only five innings, but thanks to Worcester's offensive explosion -- they won 19-0 -- Rutschman got four plate appearances. He also threw out a runner attempting to steal. The veteran backstop is expected to operate as Worcester's designated hitter Sunday, per Ian Browne of MLB.com. Following Sunday's game, the Red Sox will evaluate Rutschman to determine if more time in the minors is required before he makes his debut with the big club.
August 8, 2026
Beginning assignment Saturday
Rutschman (wrist) will begin a rehab assignment Saturday, Mac Cerullo of the Boston Herald reports.
Analysis
Interim manager Chad Tracy teased the possibility of Rutschman beginning an assignment this weekend before Friday's game against the A's, and the team has now made it official. The 28-year-old backstop has been on the injured list since July 20 due to wrist inflammation, and although he's changed teams since then, he is still expected to work in an everyday role once he's activated.
August 7, 2026
Close to rehab assignment?
Red Sox interim manager Chad Tracy said Friday that "it's possible" that Rutschman (wrist) embarks on a rehab assignment this weekend, Mac Cerullo of the Boston Herald reports.
Analysis
Rutschman was on the 10-day injured list while recovering from left wrist inflammation when the Red Sox acquired him from the Orioles right before Monday's trade deadline. He has progressed to hitting in a cage and is getting closer to making his debut with his new team. In the meantime, Connor Wong will continue to serve as the Red Sox's primary catcher while Rutschman is sidelined, with Jake Rogers providing depth at the position.
August 7, 2026
Hits in cage
Rutschman (wrist) hit in the indoor cage Thursday after throwing on the field, MLB.com reports.
Analysis
Rutschman continued the rehab he started while with Baltimore before being dealt to Boston at the trade deadline. He's been on the injured list since July 20 and figures to require a rehab assignment before an estimated mid-August return.